Cornwall is world famous for its stunning scenery, epic beaches, historic past and great food. But did you know that you can enjoy the best that Cornwall has to offer in one unique place: the Caerhays Castle and Estate, tucked into a forgotten corner of the beautiful South Coast.
Whether you want high end luxury or a flip floppy family escape, the 12 Caerhays Holidays properties, studded across the estate, offer an authentic Cornish experience and a chance to experience a little bit of timeless magic.
Here’s what to enjoy while you’re here…
1. Beaches – Cornwall is packed with beautiful, epic beaches, but at Caerhays we have our own en-suite beach – right next to the castle – and it’s a cracker! Porthluney Beach is wide, sandy and family and dog friendly. During the Summer there’s outdoor cinema, acoustic sessions and all sorts of fun on the beach. With a car park right next it, it makes having a beachy day out easy peasey.
2. Castle – Everyone loves a good castle – but you don’t get much better than Caerhays Castle. Standing proudly overlooking Porthluney Beach and the South Cornish Coast, its wrapped around by the most beautiful estate grounds and is simply stunning. In Spring you can have a cup of tea and cake in its tearooms, but some of our award winning plants and explore the grounds.
3. Beautiful Spring Gardens – Home to a National Magnolia Collection, the gardens at Caerhays are a spring-time wonderland for visitors. The 140 acre woodland gardens are English Heritage Listed Grade II*. As Caerhays is a spectacular spring garden, public opening is normally from February to the beginning of June. Guided tours of the gardens by the head gardeners are available and dogs are welcome in the gardens on leads. And, if you love the plants and want to take some home, you can visit nearby Burncoose Nurseries, one of the most successful plant mail order businesses in the UK and also part of the Caerhays Estate.
4. Gorgeous Accommodation – Ever wanted to stay in a Fish Shed, Lime Kiln or grand Georgian Country house? Caerhays Holidays properties are in historic, converted buildings on the estate, beautifully refurbished and comfortably appointed for your stay. From the stunningly luxurious Burncoose House to the quirky Rabbit Warren, no two properties are the same and each offers an interesting experience and amazing stay on the historic estate.
5. Great food – There’s always a warm welcome at Caerhays Beach Cafe – home of sun, sand, sea and amazing food at Caerhays. There’s a delicious menu of tasty snacks and food, delicious ice creams, freshly ground coffees, and of course, scrumptious homemade cakes. Open Spring/Summer with more limited opening hours in winter, it’s a must for dog walkers, surfers, kayakers and hikers, and anyone else who just fancies a stroll on a beautiful beach with a bite to eat and hot cuppa to greet them afterwards.