Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
- The Owner of all the listed holiday cottages available on this site is Mr C H Williams TA FJ Williams Estate registered at Caerhays Estate, Gorran, St Austell PL26 6LY. Customers renting any property from Caerhays Estate are referred to as the Guest.
- When the Guest submits a booking via the online reservation system, they will receive an automatically generated booking summary by e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the booking form. This does not form a contract between the parties.
- The Guest’s contract with Caerhays Holidays commences when Caerhays Holidays receives payment and issues the Guests with confirmation of booking either via a letter or e-mail.
- This contract binds all members of the Guest’s party and the first named person on the booking form is responsible for ensuring that the terms and conditions herein are adhered to by all other guests.
The person in charge of the party must be at least 18 years old. The first named person on the booking form must ensure that they have read and understood the terms and conditions. If they have any queries, they should contact Caerhays Holidays.
- The persons using the accommodation must be those listed on the booking form and must not exceed this number at any time. The lead guest must declare the correct number of additional guests at the time of booking and must inform Caerhays Holidays of any changes prior to arrival.
- Caerhays Holidays set a maximum occupancy for each property in line with the facilities and in order to comply with our regulatory requirements. If the Guests exceed the maximum occupancy or fail to comply with Clause 1.4, Caerhays Holidays reserves the right to require all Guests to vacate the property without notice and without a refund.
- The period booked will be stated on the Booking Confirmation provided to the Guest and cannot be exceeded unless Caerhays Holidays give written approval. The Guest will be liable for any cost of whatever nature is incurred because of an unauthorised extension.
- For bookings made more than 6 weeks in advance a non-refundable deposit of 25% is payable at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made online by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Paypal. These payments are securely made through Sagepay. We can also take a direct bank transfer. Payment can also be made by cheque, made payable to Caerhays Holidays, and sent to the address stated in Clause 1.1.
- The balance is payable no later than 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the Guest’s holiday by the payment methods listed above.
- A receipt will be automatically issued on receipt of the deposit and when the balance is paid.
For bookings made less than 4 weeks before arrival, then the full payment will be due at the time of booking.
- Where a Guest fails to pay their balance by the due date, the booking may be cancelled and the deposit retained.
- If a refund is due to the Guest, the payment will be made to the card used for the initial booking or a bank transfer to the Guest’s bank account.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS AND DAMAGE
- On arrival, any noted damage the property or its contents should be reported to Caerhays Holidays immediately otherwise it will be assumed that any damage has been caused by the Guest.
- The Guest is responsible for taking care of the property and reporting any breakages or damage during their holiday to Caerhays Holidays immediately.
- If there are any breakages during the Guest’s stay, the items should be replaced before the Guest’s leave.
- The Guest is responsible for paying for any damage to the property or its contents during their stay. The Guest is also responsible for paying for any excess wear and tear or any additional cleaning required by any members of the party.
- Caerhays Holidays will take a Security Deposit for £300 and retains the right to reclaim up to this sum for any damage or costs incurred during the Guest’s stay. The Guest’s bank card details will be required on the booking form for the Security Deposit to be held against. The moneys will only be deducted if any damage or costs are incurred up to the sum of £300 from the card used to pay for the holiday. The Guests will be notified of any damage and the deduction made within 14 days of the end of the holiday. If the sum exceeds this amount, the Guest will be responsible for the total amount of any damage caused.
- GUESTS OBLIGATIONS
- The Guest is responsible for the whole property during their stay and they must keep its contents clean and tidy and leave them in the same condition as when they arrived.
- The numbers of guests staying in the property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form unless Caerhays Holidays has been notified in advance of arrival.
- The Supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the Guest’s responsibility at all times.
- The Guest must use the accommodation for holiday purposes only and not for any other purpose.
- The Guest must not cause nuisance or annoyance to any neighbours or anyone else during your stay.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the accommodation and this extends to vapours and e-cigarettes.
- Dogs are permitted in certain properties as indicated on our website. The Guest must inform us at the time of booking if they are bringing a pet to one of these properties and Caerhays Holidays request that dogs are not permitted on the furniture and that all dog mess is removed from the garden by the time of departure. No pets are allowed in any of the other properties.
- To allow access during the stay for the owners, their representatives on the estate or contractors to undertake repairs or regular maintenance on the property and its contents.
- It is a condition of the booking that the Guest takes out adequate and comprehensive Travel Insurance to protect them and their party. The Insurance Policy should cover illness, injury and cancellation.
- To vacate the property by the specified time on the date of departure( ie 10.15 am), to lock the doors and windows and return the key to the key safe.
- The Guest agrees to adhere to all these terms and conditions.
- CAERHAYS HOLIDAY’S OBLIGATIONS
- Caerhays Holidays takes every care to ensure the accuracy of the property descriptions and any information provided is believed to be correct on our marketing material. The photographs included on the website are for illustrative purposes only and are not a warranty of the quality of the holiday accommodation.
- Caerhays Holidays takes every reasonable precaution to ensure that all of the holiday accommodation is fully compliant with current legislation and regulation.
- Caerhays Holidays cannot be held responsible for the actions of the Guest nor any losses or liability arising from events out with their control ie storm, flood, fire, natural disasters, terrorist action, industrial disputes or war etc.
- If the Guest is dissatisfied with the service they receive, they should notify Caerhays Holidays immediately so that a full investigation can be carried out and any necessary action taken.
- Caerhays Holidays will endeavour to rectify any issues during the Guest’s stay if reported immediately during occupation. Guests have a legal obligation to mitigate their losses, therefore Caerhays Holidays cannot accept any request for compensation after the end of the holiday, if the complaints have not been notified to them during the stay and the opportunity to put things right has passed.
- Guest’s details are stored on the SuperControl Booking System in accordance with the SuperControl Privacy Polices, details of which are available at www.superconrol.co.uk
- Third Party rights are limited to the Guests and Caerhays Holidays only. Transfer of either parties’ rights under this policy is non-transferable without the approval of both parties.
- Enforcement rights and obligations are limited to the Guests of Caerhays Holidays and not third parties. In enforcing one clause of the Terms and Conditions, Caerhays Holiday does not waiver the right to enforce any other of the clauses at a later date.
- Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights in respect of your booking. Nothing in these terms is intended to limit our legal responsibility.
- Any problem or complaint which the Guest might have concerning their holiday must be reported to Caerhays Holidays immediately and they will make every effort to put matters right.
- Any complaints not reported to Caerhays Holidays during the holiday and only reported after the Guest has left the property will not be considered by Caerhays Holidays.
- Any further dispute will be governed by the non-exclusive law and jurisdiction of the English Courts
Cancellations and changes to the booking.
- Caerhays Holidays must be notified of any cancellations by telephone and then in writing as soon as possible. The booking will be deemed cancelled with effect from the day that Caerhays Holidays receive written confirmation.
- If the Guest cancels the holiday more than 4 weeks before it is due to start then only their deposit will be forfeit. If the Guest cancels less than 4 weeks prior to the holiday then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- It is a condition of the booking that the Guest takes out appropriate travel insurance for all members of the group. This should be comprehensive cover for illness, cancellation and injuries during your stay, including cancellation due to Covid-19.
If the Guest needs to change a booking, Caerhays Holidays will do their best to accommodate the Guest but they cannot guarantee that they will be able to meet any requests for changes. Additional charges may be charged or refunded if the alternative property has a differing rental rate.
- If Caerhay Holidays needs to change or cancel a booking, they will do their best to offer you a suitable alternative booking. If they are not able to offer the Guest a suitable alternative or if the Guest does not accept the alternative Caerhays Holidays will refund the Guest the total amount paid. Caerhays Holidays cannot be responsible for any unforeseen losses the Guest suffers as a result of that change of cancellation.
- Caerhays Holidays will offer guests a 16 month window in which to defer their booking in the event that a guest is unable to come to Caerhays due to Government restrictions on travel or area lockdown only.
- If a guest needs to cancel due to one of their party contracting Covid-19 or being in isolation, the guests will have to make a claim on their own travel insurance. No option to defer or refund on deposits will be offered.